After you begin the healing process, it is very important to document the aftermath. The people responsible, along with their insurance providers, will attempt to prove that other factors were responsible for the injury. Keep careful notes regarding:
What Do I Do After A Serious Personal Injury?
- Dates and times of the incident that caused the injury
- An ongoing record of your symptoms in a personal, dated diary
- Details from all your doctor visits, including topics discussed and treatments suggested
- All medical receipts, including lists of drugs administered or prescribed, along with procedures performed
- Photos of the injured area
The more notes you take, especially early on, the more likely it is that your lawyer can build a strong case in your favor. You must contact an attorney as soon as possible: there are statutes of limitations for these kinds of cases, and certain documents have a way of disappearing if they cast a doctor or hospital in a negative light. There is no charge for your first meeting with us.