Ricky K. Patel, ESQ.
3 Greenway Plaza, Ste. 1800
Houston, TX 77046
4300 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 305
Miami, FL 33137
8 Street 1, Suite 104
Metro Office Park
Guaynabo PR, 00968
7320 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa, FL 33637
- Asset Protection
- Birth Injury
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex, Catastrophic Property Insurance Claims
- Product Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
Ricky K. Patel, ESQ.
Devoted to Clients, Community, and Charitable Causes Ricky Patel is revered in equal measure for his legal expertise, as well as his passionate work giving back to those who need it most. His practice focuses on a wide array of issues, including class-action litigations, cases for celebrities and athletes requiring crisis managtment, and representing children who suffered medical negligence from the healthcare system.
His role at FPJL includes working directly with firm clients, creating over-arching strategies, and communicating with the media and public at large.
During the most recent hurricane season, Mr. Patel helped tourism and hospitality clients by ensuring their insurance carriers paid claims completely and in a timely manner.
Along with partner Wesley Farrell, he also represented thousands of clients affected by the BP oil spill and received the AAHOA Chairman’s Award for leadership and ongoing services. The firm is now recognized as a Platinum Founding Member of AAHOA.
Mr. Patel is the youngest person appointed to President Barack Obama’s National Finance Committee, which he served on for two years. He also served as an ambassador for the Clinton Global Initiative.
Mr. Patel is extremely charitable in his spare time, holding leadership positions, donating over 1,500 hours of community service and investing funds in charities such as Habitat for Humanity, VA WA (Violence Against Women’s Act), Haitian Orphanage, Fashion Gives Back, Puerto Rico Relief, St Thomas University, School of Law, American d Cross and Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, where he serves as Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees.
Mr. Patel has appeared on several news outlets, including CNN, FOX, NBC, ESPN, ABC, and other major affiliates regarding high profile cases he has handled. Mr. Patel received his law degree from St. Thomas University School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Florida State University. He was actively involved with the Asian American Hotel Owners’ Association (AAHOA) from early on in his career.
Mr. Patel became a lawyer so he could make a difference. As a partner at Farrell & Patel, he continues this important work by also focusing on helping children and families hurt by medical malpractice and in particular cerebral palsy and babies harmed by pharmaceutical drugs.
Education and Experience
- St Thomas University School of Law- Juris Doctor, 2009
- Florida State Univemty, Bachelor, 2005
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA)
- Miami Children’s Health Foundation, Board of Trustees: Present
- St Thomas University School of Law, Board of Trustees: Present
- Miami Children’s Hospital Young Ambassadors, Co-chair: Present
- STU Law Young Alumni, Co-Founder: 2009
- Adjusting Puerto Rico Claims: Municipal and Commercial Claims-Win the Storm 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Attorney Discussion Panel-Win the Storm 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Philanthropist of the Year, Little Lighthouse Foundation, 2018
- Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Coral Gables, FL, since 2016 through 2017, Super Lawyer, Rising Stars
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers: 2014
- South Florida Business Journal 40 under 40: 2013
- Brioni & Neiman Marcus Man of the Year